Call for DSD 2022 Presenters
We welcome abstracts from anyone who has knowledge and insights about flexible and inclusive education that they want to share with others working, studying or researching in this sector. The program schedule will be in part determined by the abstracts we receive.
Speaking session formats
1. Bright Idea (12 minutes)
This is a short and sharp format enabling you to share with the audience one practical ‘bright idea’ or ‘top tip’ for supporting young people through flexible and inclusive education. You are welcome to use a ppt or bring a prop to support your presentation. This format does not have to include time for discussion or Q&A.
2. Interactive Workshop (50 minutes)
This is a longer format to explore an idea in more depth. Getting so much time means you must make it interactive, with plenty of active audience participation.
3. Traditional Presentation (25 minutes)
This traditional format provides you with 15-20 minutes to ‘show and tell’ your insight or experience, with the remaining time for some discussion or Q&A with the audience.
A few things to note:
- All presentations will be timetabled into parallel sessions, so delegates can choose between several sessions. Your abstract therefore is a pitch not just to the abstract selection committee but also (if selected) to delegates to attend your session.
Selection criteria are:
- Relevant topic for the DSD2022 audience,
- Engaging approach
- Diversity of topics and presenters
- We are not looking for sales pitches or consultancy presentations
- Young people from a program/school are welcome as co-presenters, but the abstract must be led by an adult and the young people will be in that adult’s care during the conference. Once registration opens there will be a discounted process for young people
- It is possible that we will offer to accept your abstract in a different format than you’ve indicated, or not accept it at all, depending on the mix and number of abstracts we receive.
- Your abstract is due by 05 November 2021 at 5pm AEST
- We will then read all the abstracts submitted and let you know whether your abstract is accepted (and in which format) in the week of 9 December 2021
- To be confirmed in the conference program, you must accept the offer by 16 December 2021 and pay your registration fee by 7 February 2022.
As a chosen DSD 2022 presenter, you will receive:
- Exposure to 500+ educators
- Blogging and content opportunities to share with our database and social media following
- Exposure on the DSD 2022 website, including headshot and speaker bio
- Outstanding influencing and networking opportunities at DSD 2022.
Complete your Abstract Submission
Please be prepared with the title and description of your abstract.